Review: Lupe Wong Won't Dance

Lupe Wong Won't Dance Lupe Wong Won't Dance by Donna Barba Higuera
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was read through an ARC.
This book will be published on September 8th, make sure you get this one.

So let´s talk about this book.


Firstable I feel like I need to let people know that is a middle grade book, that being said, if this book was centered around high schoolers it would work, because the story centers in over coming adversity.

Guadalupe Wong has a goal, get only As at her report card, if she accomplish that her uncle who works for the Marlins a MLB team, is going to introduce her to her hero Fu Li Hernández the first mexican-chinese pitcher at the MLB, sorry I didn't mention that Lupe is a mexican-chinese that is going to be the first pitcher at the MLB.


So if she is going to be the first pitcher is safe to assume that she is good at P.E (Physical Education), well usually it is but this time, it may cost her more, because she is going to dance, yes dance, square dance, to be more precise, and honestly I don't know how the square dance works but I assume that is like bailes folclóricos, so I remember it's not so much fun, because if you don't a partner that you like it could be a literal nightmare.

So as the book goes we follow Lupe in this adventure first of trying not to dance, second of overcoming adversity.


I'm 25 and the book is mostly aimed to young teens and I loved, it feel like if this had been published when I was a young teen this would had been definitely one of my favorite books, because it gives visibility to one of the communities who is easily ignored, like are asian-latinx, and just like afro-latinx, they are often made to pick a side when they are both.



So I recommend this book, with all my heart, it is good, it is an easy read but has a tons of heart.


Give it a try, you won't regret it.


I love it.

View all my reviews

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lupe Won't (or maybe she will) dance.

Review: The Hating Game